Sunday, July 22, 2012

Back in training mode.

I told myself I wasn't going to train seriously this summer. I'm not running a fall marathon, so I thought I would take it easy. That doesn't mean I wasn't going to run at all. I even planned on running a trail 1/2 marathon. I wanted to have a flexible schedule and run whenever I felt like it.

After recovering from the Boston Marathon, I started back slowly. I had a pretty good routine going, running three times a week, cross training and strength training on non-running days. I would take one day off a week.

When Marisa invited a select group to train this summer, I couldn't resist! (Sorry, Bill.) So here I am again...meeting with the group three times a week and fitting in the other workouts around group runs. Tuesday track, Thursday tempo or hills and of course Saturday 7am long runs. Yes, I'm hooked!

This first week has proved to me that I'm not quite in the shape I need to be...but I'll be there soon if I stay with the program Marisa has for us!

I'm honored to be part of the Evolve Multisport team with Coach Marisa!

~Suzanne



No comments:

Post a Comment