Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I feel stronger already!

Last night, after our track workout, six of us were lucky enough to have a strength training session with Brent Lester. Thanks to Marisa, our Evolve Multisport coach and trainer, Brent came by to give us tips, exercise suggestions, and form critique, which I'm sure will make us better runners (and judging by the sore muscles I am now experiencing, the workout was very effective!).

An activity I do in addition to running, as cross training, is tennis -- and one of the things I found interesting about last night's strength workout is that several of the exercises that Brent suggested (specifically the side-to-side exercises) are things that we do regularly during cardio-tennis workouts. Brent explained that runners, bikers, swimmers, are forward moving athletes, therefore we need to work on lateral motion to help prevent injury. I wish I had asked Brent about tennis, but I have been thinking about that since last night - and I guess tennis must then be a good complement to running....







I took these photos last year at the US Open. Watching these players on TV is amazing, but watching them live really enables one to see their mind blowing strength!

Marta-

No comments:

Post a Comment