Saturday, July 21, 2012

One of the many pleasures of running

As we start this new running season, it just turns out that I am working/vacationing at Kure Beach, NC for the very first week of training, therefore doing my long run on my own.
So I head out on this beautiful early Saturday morning determined to complete my "assigned" 9 miles.
As I ran I was reflecting on one of the many reasons I enjoy running: The sights! When we run (some of us not as fast as others....) we have the time to enjoy nature around us: the birds, the sunrises and sunsets, plants, trees, oceans, lakes, cities - whatever it may be.
So, here are some of the sights I got to enjoy today. ---Just for clarification, I wasn't stopping every 100 yards to take a picture -- I went back to photograph the sights for this post! :-)
--Marta Michell











2 comments: